Hi everyone! Today I´m going to show you how to prepare some cookies with chocolate chips that are amazing. This is such a classic yet one of my favourite recipes!! Many of you will be thinking that is an old-fashion recipe but its grace is found in the golden butter or «Brown butter» that makes the flavor of the cookie much more intense and chocolate.
The recipe is based on a TASTY recipe but is adapted so that it is simpler since the only difficulty is to brown the butter and that it does not burn. Otherwise, it is a very simple cookie recipe but with an exceptional flavor. All the steps are worth it!
- 1 cup (120 g) bread flour
- ¾ cup (95 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (225 g) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons water, room temperature
- 1 cup (220 g) dark brown sugar
- ½ cup (100 g) white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ cup (85 g) chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, sift the flours, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a medium or large saucepan, add the butter and melt over medium heat. The larger the tray you use, the faster the process will be!
- Boil the butter, stirring frequently. As the water begins to boil from the butter, the solids of the milk in the butter will separate, sink into the bottom and begin to toast and brown. When this begins to happen, be sure to stir constantly so that the butter browns evenly. It can become quite foamy, splash a little and be difficult to see, so watch it closely, remove it from the heat and continue stirring if it starts to foam.
- Once the butter has a brown color, remove from heat and pour into a large liquid measuring cup to stop cooking.
Let it cool for one or two minutes, stir and carefully add 2-3 tablespoons of water to the butter so that it rises again up to 1 cup (240 ml) of liquid.
- Let cool to room temperature. To help speed up this process, you can place it in the fridge for 10 to 15 minutes. You should make sure that the butter is still liquid when you add it to the dough later, so be sure to remove it after 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add sugars, vanilla, espresso powder and cold brown butter. Cream together with an electric hand mixer until it is soft and fluffy, 1-2 minutes.
- Add egg and yolk and beat until incorporated.
Add the dry ingredients, about ⅓ of the mixture at a time, and beat between the additions until incorporated. It’s fine that there is some unmixed flour on the edge of the bowl, this will be incorporated in the next step.
- Using a wooden spoon, fold the chocolate chips and the pieces in the dough
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet lined in parchment paper in 3 tablespoon heaps.
- For optimal flavor, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or, even better, overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Distribute the dough evenly 3 inches (8 cm) from each other on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 12-14 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 2-3 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
I hope you love this recipe and enjoy it! It´s such a good recipe that every time i make it dissapears in hours.
LOVE YOU GUYS!!!